Friday, May 29, 2009

A beautiful poem.....

"Ek din bik jaayega maati ke mol..." song[Dharam Karam] 1975 facinated me very much. But I always believe a song is as good as is its lyrics is. Though music direction and singing is important, but they are done based on the lyrics.
Any how the debate aside, I could not get exactly what the lyrics ment. Today while browsing the net I came across a comment to a post on Cosmetic Surgery which mentioned the lyrics along with its meaning. After reading the meaning I felt that I missed the central theme of the song.
I would like you to appreciate it so here's it

"Ek din bik jayega mati ke mol,
Jag mein reh jayenge pyare tere bol!"

[In the end:]

[Each day is sold for the price of dirt, and only
your lovely words will stay behind in the world!]

"Parde ke peeche baithi sawal gori,
tham kar tere mere man ki dori."

[Behind the curtain sits the elegant beauty,
holding the threads to your and my mind.]

"Yeh birha na chute, yeh bandhan na tute,
Bhor hone wali hai ab raina ha thodi!"

[This melancholia cannot be let go off,
this relationship cannot be broken, for
dawn is about to erupt, night left is short!]

This beautiful poem is written by Majrooh Sultanpuri the legendary lyricist and music direction by R D Burman.
You can hear the song here.



No comments: